Patrick Scannell, author and digital technologist, interviewed by Futurized podcast host Trond Arne Undheim (@trondau), futurist and author.
In this conversation, they talk about how human thought is going through a paradigm shift where we are learning to co-exist with technology in new ways, and what it will take to enable positive human outcomes.
After listening to the episode, check out:
- Patrick Scannell: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patscannell/
- Are You Smarter Than Your Technology? (TEDx Ashburn Salon, 2018) https://www.ted.com/talks/pat_scannell_are_you_smarter_than_your_technology
Trond’s takeaway: Technology is clearly disrupting thought patterns both at individual and collective levels. But what is the answer? Slow it down in order to better digest it? Another thing is that unless we do digest it, arguably technology doesn’t change us much, right? So that’s almost like a protective layer. But what the tech adoption process does not protect against is being excluded or being watched. It seems like those who need to reflect more don’t always, and those who reflect don’t get the limelight on their reflections. How to resolve that conundrum?
Thanks for listening. If you liked the show, subscribe at Futurized.org or in your preferred podcast player, and rate us with five stars.
To find us on social media:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/futurized2/
- Twitter(@Futurized2): https://twitter.com/Futurized2
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Futurized-102998138625787
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/futurized
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Futurized
- Podcast RSS: https://feed.podbean.com/www.futurized.co/feed.xml
Futurized—conversations that matter.