Alex Gladstein is Chief Strategy Officer at the Human Rights Foundation, interviewed by Trond Arne Undheim (@trondau), futurist and author.
In this conversation, we talk about Decentralization, Bitcoin v Cash, Human Rights, surveillance states, digital authoritarianism, activism in a digital age, the mixed blessings of encryption, what it means to be an open society, currency neutrality and beyond.
After listening to the episode, check out:
- Human Rights Foundation (@HRF): https://hrf.org/
- Alex Gladstein (@Gladstein): https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexgladstein/
Trond’s takeaway: freedoms need to be protected, one at a time, always, and as society and technology changes, more often that you would think. The future of freedom is only as bleak or bright as we ensure it will become through keeping a close watch.
Thanks for listening. If you liked the show, subscribe at Futurized.org or in your preferred podcast player, and rate us with five stars.
If you like this topic, you may enjoy other episodes of Futurized, such as episode 102, The Geotech Decade, episode 52, The Future of Peer-to-Peer, or episode 98, Free Speech on Social Media.
To find us on social media:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/futurized2/
- Twitter(@Futurized2): https://twitter.com/Futurized2
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Futurized-102998138625787
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/futurized
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Futurized
- Podcast RSS: https://feed.podbean.com/www.futurized.co/feed.xml
Futurized—conversations that matter.