Kristian Bye, Director Innovation Norway San Francisco and Palo Alto, interviewed by Trond Arne Undheim (@trondau), futurist, investor, and author.
In this conversation, we talk about sustainable entrepreneurship, and the recent systemic innovation policy implemented by Norwegian strategy at a governmental level resulting in a focus on research and development, grants and funding that incent greentech innovation.
After listening to the episode, check out:
- Nordic Innovation House: https://www.nordicinnovationhouse.com/
- Innovation Norway: https://www.innovasjonnorge.no/en/start-page/
- Kristian Bye (@KristianBye): https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristian-bye-profile/
My takeaway is that [stimulating certain types of innovation at the governmental level is important and can be influential, but does not alone drive overall innovation in the same direction. Entrepreneurs think independently and cannot so easily be incentivized. But working with entrepreneurs in mind certainly helps although in Norway’s case, the legacy of stimulating oil and gas production has been far more important and there is a lot of catch up to do to become a leading voice in sustainability. So, sustainable Norway may have both dollars and vision behind it now, but it will, in many people’s minds, need to prove its transformational intent throughout this decade to be credible.]
Thanks for listening. If you liked the show, subscribe at Futurized.org or in your preferred podcast player, and rate us with five stars.
If you like this topic, you may enjoy other episodes of Futurized, such as episode 102, [The Geotech Decade], episode 70, [The Future of Cleantech], or episode 58, [Building the Southern California of Tomorrow].
Futurized—conversations that matter.
To find us on social media:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/futurized2/
- Twitter(@Futurized2): https://twitter.com/Futurized2
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Futurized-102998138625787
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/futurized
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Futurized
- Podcast RSS: https://feed.podbean.com/www.futurized.co/feed.xml