Futurist Trond Arne Undheim interviews Magnus Grimeland, CEO and founder of Antler, the early-stage VC. We talk about trigger points to achieve greatness, promising startups, the globalization of venture capital, the importance of finding founders with drive, spike, and grit. We also discuss the future of work.
The takeaway is that the future of pre-seed investing is changing by globalizing and moving beyond the old startup hotspots and into places like Amsterdam, Oslo, Sydney and Nairobi. VC is also maturing and moving away from the US-concept of an elevator pitch and seeks a deeper understanding of the founder, validating the startup idea and building a product by bringing in talent and networks across markets.
After listening, check out Antler’s as well as Magnus Grimeland’s profile:
- Antler https://www.antler.co/
- Antler (@antlerglobal) https://twitter.com/AntlerGlobal
- Magnus Grimeland https://www.linkedin.com/in/magnusgrimeland/
- Magnus Grimeland (@MagnusGrimeland) https://twitter.com/MagnusGrimeland
Additional context about the show, the topics, and our guests, including show notes and a full list of podcast players that syndicate the show can be found at https://trondundheim.com/podcast/.
For more about the host, including media coverage, books and more, see:
- Trond Arne Undheim’s personal website (https://trondundheim.com/)
- The Yegii Insights blog (https://yegii.wpcomstaging.com/)
- Pandemic Aftermath https://trondundheim.com/pandemic-aftermath/
- Disruption Games https://trondundheim.com/disruptiongames/
To advertise or become a guest on the show, contact the podcast host here. If you like the show, please tell all your friends, subscribe and consider rating it five stars. The show is hosted by Podbean and can be found at Futurized.co.